Video post! Elena eats yogurt

It’s the weekend! And it is approximately a million degrees here in gorgeous and fascinating Manhattan. I say “approximately” because there’s a chance it’s, like, 999,999 degrees. So much stuff has been happening. I found a veil, and a potential new apartment, and my fiance brought me these unbelievable cookies…From Levain bakery on 74th, near Amsterdam. I discovered that Sarah Haskins is the funniest woman in the world. Emily sent me photos I took of her during her visit. And Elena sent me a VIDEO. It all makes me feel very hip and multi-media.

Yum……I still have some in my refrigerator.

And this is Elena. Thanks, Elena! Other people– feel free to send videos of yourself eating something and talking about body image. It’s fun! That was the first thing I ever did for this blog, actually. It has history. It’s a venerable tradition. Convinced yet?

Kate on June 26th 2010 in beauty, body, food, new york, video, weight

7 Responses to “Video post! Elena eats yogurt”

1. Wei-Wei responded on 26 Jun 2010 at 10:44 pm #

:( I can’t see the video, but that cake is seriously awesome.

2. Kate responded on 26 Jun 2010 at 11:07 pm #

Oh no! I hope the problem’s not on my end! I checked, and it seems to be working.

And yeah, the cake was a serious cake.

3. Justine responded on 27 Jun 2010 at 2:05 pm #

Sarah Haskins is so amazing, I hope someone gives her a show and a movie, and whole bunch of other great opportunities because she is so fabulous, I was so sad when “Target Women” ended.

4. Emily responded on 28 Jun 2010 at 3:01 am #

mm that cake was super delicious!

nice video post elena! :) I am excited to see the video on the serving business.

5. Jessie responded on 28 Jun 2010 at 3:08 pm #

Elena– I was a server. It can be a nightmare. I can’t wait for your comedy routine about it! I loved this video.

6. B.T. responded on 28 Jun 2010 at 3:15 pm #

Ditto. And also, Elena, thanks for talking about the struggles of being a dancer. This is an important topic. I danced for awhile, and I felt SO SO much pressure to be incredibly thin. It’s ridiculous. We should be able to be comfortable dancing in whatever bodies we have.

I hope you’re still dancing!

7. Jenelle responded on 28 Jun 2010 at 8:32 pm #

I’m still trying to find the volume knob on those voices Elena mentions in the video. I never thought of it that way and think perhaps it could help.

Thanks!