A Practical Wedding (and a Jewish homeschooler)

I meant to write a post today, but then I got too excited.

Because I’m on A Practical Wedding! CLICK HERE! Thank you to all of the readers of this blog who kept suggesting that I submit something. You guys know what’s best for me.

I did not act particularly bridal during the wedding planning process (which you can read a summary of here). I never shrieked and jumped up and down. And I’m resisting the urge now. But the urge is definitely there.

And I am also in The Forward, with a piece about growing up both Jewish and homeschooled (so, like, weirder than everyone else). CLICK HERE! This is my first newspaper piece (The Star Ledger published a letter to the editor of mine, and actually changed my words. In ways that made me sound like I might not be incredibly literate. We’re not on speaking terms and they don’t count).

(this is the picture from the article. I am the only girl in it. It proves that homeschoolers are really dorky. I mean, we were.)

Anyway, YAY!! I feel slightly better about Good Morning America.

In celebration, I’m cooking a big dinner, and making crostini for the first time. That’s when you slice a baguette and then bake it with stuff on top. How could that not be amazing?

Unroast: Today I love the way my thighs look. Bear keeps admiring how soft they are.

Kate on August 16th 2011 in life, wedding

7 Responses to “A Practical Wedding (and a Jewish homeschooler)”

1. Andee responded on 16 Aug 2011 at 1:35 pm #

I was so excited when I saw you on APW today! I saw the title in my read and thought “Kate & Bear” could it be?!? And it was you. I love when my favorites cross over.

2. Jess responded on 16 Aug 2011 at 1:55 pm #

YAY! Boys do like soft.

3. Meg responded on 16 Aug 2011 at 3:48 pm #

If it makes you feel any better, a national magazine just changed my words to make me not sound incredibly literate. I’m still in recovery. I suggest book writing. They fuck with you less.

4. Kate responded on 16 Aug 2011 at 3:54 pm #

@Meg
    That does make me feel better, actually! Since you’re super famous and all :)

I’m all about the book writing. The day my book comes out (if that day ever comes), I will probably think that my life is perfect. And I’ll be wrong, but I’ll still be really, really happy.

5. Cassie responded on 16 Aug 2011 at 9:31 pm #

Thank you for sharing this post about your wedding! It so completely hit home for me.
    We did a big choreographed dance for my first dance, and immediately after the last spin, I almost threw up all over the dance floor. Thankfully, I held it together. But I did end up with a major stress migraine by the time the whole reception was over.
    And one of my favorite parts was eating take out in our hotel room after the wedding, just my new husband and I, together.

6. Stephanie O responded on 17 Aug 2011 at 12:31 am #

I <3 the wedding post. It's wonderful. And I'm thrilled to see you in HEM magazine, too. :)

7. Quin responded on 18 Aug 2011 at 2:55 am #

Yay homeschoolers!

Yay *non super religious right wing crazy* homeschoolers!

I was homeschoooled from 1st grade all the way to graduation, and I’m the middle of 5 kids. EVERYONE thought I must be from some super conservative Catholic/fundamentalist/Mormon family. Sigh.