getting naked

This is a guest post from someone I like a lot. She described herself this way when I asked for a bio: “Jess is a teacher and occasional writer who lives in Brooklyn. She occasionally writes here: therealmsmanners.tumblr.com.” She is also ridiculously smart and has unfair hair. Unfair because when I cut mine off, I was imagining it looking just like hers, and then it didn’t.

I am not a naked person.

I am not the kind of person who gets out of the shower and wanders around, air-drying at my leisure. I grab a towel. I am not the kind of person who casually carries on locker room conversations in the nude. I get in and out of there as quickly as possible.

Which is why, when a couple of weeks ago, my husband and I got an email from our friend inviting us to a place called “Spa Castle,” I immediately responded with:

“Um…maybe? Exactly how disrobed would I have to be?”

Despite my hesitation, and despite the fact that we aren’t the kind of people who typically go to spas (or castles, for that matter), my husband and I figured that the beginning of a new year is probably a good time to branch out and try different things, and besides—how bad could it possibly be to spend a few hours imagining you’re in a tropical paradise resort instead of Queens in the middle of January?

Which is why we found ourselves riding the 7 train to the end of the line that Saturday. While we were watching the stops roll by, our friend nudged my husband.

“So, uh, we’re going to have to make a decision pretty soon.”

“About being naked or not, you mean?” my husband asked.

“Yup!”

“Yeah, I dunno. We’ll see…”

I exchanged looks with my friend’s beautiful blonde girlfriend, as if to say, “men! So childish! So weird about being with each other!” but underneath my knowing smile, panic was beginning to set in.

Eventually, after a couple of misadventures with public transportation, we found ourselves inside an enormous warehouse-like building in the heart of the Valley of Ashes, faced with five floors of Jacuzzis, saunas, and whirlpools.

We immediately split up to go change in the locker rooms. I dutifully put on my bathing suit and the “uniform” that the Spa Castle had provided for me, and my beautiful blonde friend and I walked upstairs to explore the world of saunas and Jacuzzis. We sat in a “salt sauna,” which promised to purify our pores, and then we moved onto the “gold” one, which implied it would somehow strengthen our bladders. We then wandered around, looking for our significant others. When we finally found them, their hair was wet, and they were almost giddy.

“We were naked!” they told us triumphantly.

“How was that?” I asked.

“Not that weird…and kinda fun? There are lots of old fat men here. Everyone’s just sitting around being silent and naked.” My husband said. They both seemed happy.

In fact, the guys wanted to go back to the gender-segregated, nude-only part of the spa before they left. And part of me knew that I’d feel I had failed some way if I didn’t also experience it. Like I’d chickened out. And I might regret it later. So, with some trepidation, I made my way back to the locker room to take off my uniform and bathing suit.

As I took off my clothes—and hurriedly wrapped myself in a towel—I thought to myself again, “I am definitely not a naked person.”

(these are so important. source)

When I changed for cross-country practice in high school, I would either use a bathroom stall or perform all sorts of acrobatic contortions (worthy of a workout on their own) under my t-shirt to avoid anyone seeing any more of my flesh than was absolutely necessary. Even when I go to the gym now, and I no longer have normal teenage insecurity to rationalize/defend my behavior, I dutifully go to the farthest corner of the locker room, and turn my back to the other women who might be in there, so that, should they see anything, it’s nothing more than my briefly exposed back. If anyone bothered to ask me why I was hiding, I’d probably laugh and say, “oh! No one wants to see any of this!”—and I’d mean it. Part of me just thinks that hiding my body from other people is common courtesy.

It’s not that I’m particularly ashamed of my body. To tell you the truth, I don’t even really think about it that much. Sometimes I feel like I want to lose more weight, and I wish my ribcage was narrower (a weirdly specific neurosis of mine), or that my arm muscles were more defined, but other than that, I just put on my clothes and live my life. Without my clothes, though? All my imperfections become magnified.

Taking off my bathing suit in the spa, I realized I couldn’t hide my less-than-stellar back skin, or the creases that show up on my stomach after sitting (sometimes I like to pretend it just looks like muscle definition, but, of course, it’s the exact opposite), or my imperfectly shaved legs (and let’s not even talk about how I’ve never waxed in my life…), or the unflattering shape of my butt without jeans or leggings to support it, or, or, or…basically, without my clothes, I became an insecure mess.

My biggest fear, though, was that I would walk out there, amongst these naked women, who all seemed perfectly comfortable in their own skin (and nothing but their own skin), and I would notice some way I differed radically from them all. I would realize that I’m secretly, fundamentally, wrong in some way that’s only apparent when I’m in the buff. I was pretty sure I didn’t want to have that sort of epiphany.

As I walked from the relative safety of my aisle of lockers to the “pool room,” I realized two other things.

1)      On our way over to the Spa Castle, my beautiful friend had mentioned—in the genuinely modest, uninterested, casual way that only the truly gorgeous can achieve—that she had been asked to be in a fashion shoot the week before, and

2)      With the exception of my immediate family members, no woman had ever seen me naked before.

So now, I was about to be on full view to dozens of women, one of whom—the one I had been semi-consciously relying on for some moral support—was literally a fashion model.

I cautiously took off my towel and walked as quickly as I could to one of the pools of water, wanting to submerge my nakedness as soon as possible, but not wanting to seem like that’s what I was doing. (I also didn’t want to slip—I could just see the headline: “Naked Girl Injures Naked Self, Is Rushed to Hospital, Naked”)

And then, a funny thing happened. Almost immediately, it stopped mattering that I was naked. I sat up in the water a little straighter. Who cared about my various imperfections and quirks? Certainly no one here. They all (with the possible exception of my friend) had their own idiosyncrasies, but none of them seemed the least concerned about their own, or anyone else’s. A group of women around my age talked and laughed in one pool, while a large woman and her young granddaughter sat quietly in another. A small, serious-looking middle aged woman scrubbed her arms studiously in one of the shower stalls. Everyone was calm, everyone was happy, everyone was naked, and it was no big deal.

I realized with a shock—and then was a little embarrassed at my own surprise—that no one—not the thinnest, prettiest girls there, looked the way actresses look when they bare all for the camera. Everyone was imperfect—a roll here, a lump there—but everyone was normal. I was normal.

Eventually, we had to leave. We put our clothes back on and headed back to the reality of January and New York.

As we left, I squeezed my husband’s arm. “That was fun. We should do it again.”

(spa castle. source)

What about you? How do you feel about being naked? Would you get naked around a bunch of other women in a spa?

Jess’s unroast: Today I like the way my eyes look with the dramatic eyeliner I never think I can pull off.

Kate on January 24th 2012 in beauty, body

31 Responses to “getting naked”

1. Belen responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 12:48 pm #

Hah! I have what *I* think is an unusually broad ribcage, too. I’ve also discovered, small though I am, my joints are rather large for my build. Hands and feet, too. It’s like, all the smaller parts of me made it to average size but my height did not. Eh… I kind of like it – it gives me this fundamental recognition of a bizarre trait that my body exhibits. It keeps me from getting mired in the dredges of “Well, I’m short – aren’t I supposed to be skinny and lithe to go along with that?”

2. melissa responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 12:57 pm #

I was that way in high school. Only the popular girls ever got changed together out in the open. I always ducked into the first empty changeroom I could find (sometimes it would actually be a shower stall…)

In the change rooms at public pools during field trips, there was always one or two adult women who stripped all the way down to the skin in the change rooms. I would feel awkward and look around, wondering if other people felt awkward. It was never a beauty queen either, but a woman who’d had a bunch of children, or a woman who was well overweight, or a woman who was somewhat elderly. I wondered if they had some kind of special forcefield and that I was the only one who could see them.

I eventually just… tried it for myself one day as an adult. None of my high school peers were around. Just a few other nude adult strangers. It felt fine.

I gained 40 pounds but still dressed nude in the changeroom, it still felt fine.

The only time I feel uncomfortable is when there are an awful lot of small children about. Not because I worry about them, but because I am waiting for the day some wound up mother is going to scold me for corrupting them or something.

3. Rebecca responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 12:59 pm #

I have a ribcage issue too! I’m on the small chested side, and I’m always thinking that my boobs would look so much better if my ribcage weren’t so freaking wide. Haha! Silly.

4. Krystina responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 1:16 pm #

I’m pretty comfortable in my own skin even though I’m not a size 6. I have stretch marks and some oddly placed moles but whatever. I’m comfortable enough to walk around in the nude and have discussions from the bathtub – although having four sisters has more than likely brought this on. I also sleep in the nude. :) Although I’ve never been to anything like a “Spa Castle”.

5. Diana responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 1:19 pm #

I’ve been naked in nature, visiting an outdoor hot springs. At midnight. And I did the oh-my-god-they-are-all-looking-at-me-by-the-light-of-the-moon panic attack, slipped on the rocks and broke my wrist.

My boyfriend rushed me to the hospital and I ended up not wanting to try hot springs again. But eventually I did, and it was like you said; noone’s perfect and it’s natural, normal and easy, once you do it successfully.

6. Krystina responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 1:31 pm #

By the way, love the hair cut

7. Joy responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 1:35 pm #

I do exactly the same thing in the locker room, and HATE when I have to shower there with those dinky towels that don’t cover anything. I’m pretty sure I would never have the courage (or desire) to do the naked spa thing, so wtg Jess!

8. Raia responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 2:17 pm #

I am very modest about my nakedness, too. This is my naked spa story: At about 5 months pregnant, my husband bought me a pre-natal massage at a super swanky resort spa as a birthday gift. When I arrived I was given a robe, slippers, locker with key, and a tour of the massive spa that was available for me to use after the massage. The tour included a saline hot tub room where 3-4 older women were lounging naked. Cool, I thought, I could hang naked with them! After my massage I found the hot tub room was empty – nice! The place all to myself! It felt really freeing to be naked in a public, warm, bubbly, tub all alone. It was relaxing. Not 2 minutes after I had lowered my naked body into the warm water a younger, very thin woman in a bikini slipped in too. I was mortified, suddenly I felt riduculous for being naked, maybe I was supposed to be wearing a swimsiut? Did I miss something? Why was she not naked? Is there anything more scary than being the only naked person in a room? I sheepishly told the woman I was naked and would be climbing out. She looked embarrassed. I felt like telling her that I was pregnant, that’s why I was so pudgy in the middle, that is wasn’t my “normal body” – even though it mostly was – but I also wanted to be proud of my belly – isn’t that what pregnant women are suposed to be? – even though I wasn’t really all that big at the time.

Thanks for the guest post!

9. Melanie responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 2:21 pm #

I always wished I was a naked person, but I am not. I am perfectly comfortable being stark naked while in the shower with my boyfriend. I am okay not trying to cover body parts while in bed with him, or walking to the shower with him. But I can not just sit around naked. I live alone and have often wondered why. But the truth is, I am just not comfortable naked ’cause I feel like I’d be getting whatever I’m sitting on dirty, with my naked body parts. Haha. Seriously, it’s that simple. Plus, I get cold easily. I don’t love my belly or my chub, but I’m slowly learning it’s part of me and I’m not going to starve to make it to anywhere, and all the workouts I do aren’t making it go anywhere.

I love your unroast. I almost always do a thick eyeliner, or cat eye, and I love it. But I too feel like I am not really pulling it off.

10. Also Kate responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 2:30 pm #

I had a similar experience when I lived in Japan for a while – my study abroad program seemed to think an orientation weekend at a hotel known for its hot spring baths was a great idea. Turns out, hanging out naked with all of the women in your program is actually a great way to get to know each other. Not only did I realize that nobody looks airbrushed when naked, no matter what size, but somehow when your clothes come off, a lot of your pretense does, too. So it was a lot easier to really get to know my classmates, no small talk required. (Making small talk when naked just feels foolish.)

I used to be really self-conscious about being naked or even a little exposed while changing; now I’m a lot less cautious, and happy to wander around naked (or with a bra on; it’s less painful) at home. Sometimes when I’m naked I feel like I’m my truest self – no alternative clothing-identity to compete with. :)

11. clickclackgorilla responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 4:44 pm #

Funny to have read this after just getting home from the local sauna. The very first time someone asked me to come with them to the sauna (I live in Germany but am from America and at first had all the usual American baggage about nudity in public, which Germans just don’t seem to have) I was weirded out and didn’t go. Didn’t help that it was a new boyfriend who was going there to meet up with a bunch of his male friends. The thought of meeting them all for the first time naked was just too weird.

But then I finally tried it out, and I became obsessed. Now I can’t believe I was ever weirded out at being naked in front of other people. And I find it even more comforting to see other people being comfortable being naked and just being themselves in their bodies. I feel like I’ve developed this whole new, somehow healthier relationship to nudity and my body since.

12. Kate responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 4:49 pm #

@clickclackgorilla
    Interesting. This reminds me of when I boy I knew as a kid moved to Denmark, and he wrote to tell me about all the breasts he’d seen. He was shocked by his 70-yr-old neighbor, who sunned herself in the courtyard, topless. Soon however, he said, he wasn’t shocked anymore. It was just normal, because none of the women were acting like it was a big deal. Breasts were just a part of their bodies. Maybe this is slightly off-topic, but I just thought of that…

13. Kate responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 4:50 pm #

Also, this post makes me want to go to Spa Castle now, but I’m also scared. Maybe I should ask Jess to go with me. But you know what I’m thinking? “She probably has such a better body than me…”
    Yeah. Sigh.

14. Jess responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 4:57 pm #

@Kate–let’s go!
    (also, re: bodies, obviously silly and false!)

15. Kate responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 4:59 pm #

@Jess
    Yeah?
    Shit, I’m nervous.

16. Jenn responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 7:38 pm #

I had a very similar experience a few years ago, when my friend gave me a spa package for my birthday. I was definitely the girl in high school getting dressed under a big shirt or something. But I got there, and I got in the hot tub, and it was no big deal. I did carry a towel around me when moving from tub to sauna, but that was mostly because I didn’t want to drip everywhere. After the first ten minutes or so, I didn’t feel self-conscious at all.
    In fact, now I think I look better naked than I do clothed a lot of the time. I’m between sizes, so it’s hard to find stuff that doesn’t pinch or sag somewhere. When I’m naked my body is much more smooth – there’s no bra band digging into my back fat, or line where my tights end under my dress. I’m curvy, but I’m high-waisted, and it doesn’t show under most outfits (or the waist shows, but then I look pregnant).
    Of course, this doesn’t mean I’m walking around the locker room without my clothes on (what if other people don’t see what I see? what if they just don’t need to see Naked Me right now?), but I like what I see in my home mirror.

17. Laura responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 10:14 pm #

I’m not really a naked person either. For me, though, the awkwardness about locker rooms, etc., is actually more about other people being naked. I remember in middle school, before I was aware that I was queer, I would be terrified that someone would catch me looking at their body and think I was attracted to them while changing in the locker room. Once I knew I was queer, I started being afraid that if I looked anywhere below someone’s chin in a locker room, I was being predatory. Of course, this makes me anxious and uptight enough that I’m not looking at anyone’s bodies at all.

This would actually be less of a problem in a coed space, since it would be assumed that people might be attracted to each other. I think the crux of the problem is that the existence of women’s locker rooms and bathrooms seems to be based on the premise that none of us are attracted to each other, and that that space is safe from men who might be attracted to us. Unless a space is explicitly queer or queer-friendly, I’m uncomfortable being in a place with women in the nude, because I either feel like I’m invading the space or that the whole situation is heteronormative.

I’m really curious about how other people feel. Am I missing something, or overthinking this? Queer women, do you feel the same way, or have you found some way around this issue? Straight women, would it weird you out to know that there was a queer woman in your locker room/sauna/hot tub?

18. Kate responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 10:21 pm #

@Laura
    I don’t know. When I’ve been around naked/partially undressed women, I always feel like I’m being creepy when I look at them. It’s pretty easy to identify me as straight, but I also like looking at women’s bodies, so there’s a little bit of guilt/awkwardness there. I always worry that I’ll look for too long, and then someone will give me this weird, horrified glare, like “What is your PROBLEM?” This is one of the reasons I feel more comfortable around gay women in these situations. Because I feel like there’s an implicit acknowledgement that maybe someone might want to look. Which I guess is exactly what you were saying about coed situations.

19. Kristine responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 10:48 pm #

But Kate, your body is all curvy and awesome looking now! You shouldn’t worry.

20. Kate responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 10:53 pm #

@Kristine
    :-) I think being curvy naked might be different than being curvy in clothes? THE NEXT FRONTIER. Maybe I have to do it, now, and then write about it.

21. Lili @ Relatable Style responded on 24 Jan 2012 at 11:43 pm #

I think I am a naked person. It’s been a while, but in the years around my early twenties, I quite frequently went to a thermal spa with all my friends, who were girls and guys. All naked. No gender areas. We continued when one if them vecame my boyfriend, too. I can’t remember that ever being weird. In the summer we went skinny dipping. I’m certainly not perfect, but it never mattered. If I was to go to something like that now, I have the comfort of knowing it won’t be weird once everyone is naked.
    Maybe it helps that I’m German. I know a bunch of shy people too, but if I had to be honest here, the way other western cultures obsess about body stuff or bodily functions is… Weird. More than being naked anyway ;-)

22. Elena responded on 25 Jan 2012 at 9:11 am #

This post’s helped me understand some of the people I see in the pool’s locker room. I’m not at all ashamed of being naked and surrounded by people. Although I’m not at all confident about my body and find on it lot of faults, I’ve never been too concerned about being naked in changing rooms. I guess it has to do with the fact that since I was 8 or so I’ve been sharing them with other girls. When you’re small to get naked in front of your peers in really no big deal, and then it comes around as a natural thing. so I’ve always been really curious and amused by people, most of them young (around their 20s), who contort under their towels or tshirts, just as Jess describes. Now I can understand, more or less, where that comes from. It is interesting though to observe that older women have no shame at all, even if their bodies show all the typical marks or age and/or weight. I guess acceptance of your own body is something you learn through time.

I must say though that there was a time I felt utterly awkward being naked in front of other women. My mum had given me as a gift a chocolate massage and peeling session. They gave me a bathrobe and a minuscule paper-like thong to put on. It didn’t fit quite well and then the two masseusses came and started to rub my skin with sugar peel and chocolate. I felt quite uncomfortable…Not because of being naked or rubbed really…It was more like because of the lack of fitting of the damn gargement, I felt expossed.

^^U

23. Kerry responded on 25 Jan 2012 at 1:16 pm #

Another member of the wide ribcage here! And I would not get naked at the spa. And I also probably wouldn’t have gone to the spa. Spas don’t relax me, for some reason – they seem like too much work. I’d rather take a bath at home and then ask my husband to rub my feet while I read a book, in my PJs.

That actually sounds so awesome right now.

And I love your writing. Following you to your website right now!

24. Eat the Damn Cake » the shocking truth about love responded on 25 Jan 2012 at 4:03 pm #

[...] know a couple (full disclosure, it’s Jess, from the naked post, and her husband) who make sure their jokes get laughed at. If one person says something [...]

25. Kathleen responded on 26 Jan 2012 at 3:31 pm #

That bit about ‘no one wants to see any of this’ made me sad… I’m pretty sure this is how most new moms feel about breastfeeding in public- as if we are going to offend someone with our boobies. :( yay for naked time!

26. Cynthia responded on 26 Jan 2012 at 3:42 pm #

I absolutely loved this guest post, thanks Jess! It’s SUCH a relief to know there are other women out there with the same worries as mine. I end up telling myself it’s just me, and I’m being silly. And ok, I know I AM being silly, but it’s so nice to realise I’m not the only one! I used to always make sure I’d wear a skirt if I had PE at school, or went to the gym and the cubicles were occupied. Or I’d run to the loo and get changed in there..

Isn’t it weird to think in a room full of naked/semi naked women, the majority are worrying about what the others think? No one’s actually looking at each other with scorn – just curiosity, admiration or worrying about their own dimples/patchily shaved legs etc.

27. lunacydress responded on 27 Jan 2012 at 2:39 am #

I’m pretty comfortable with being naked at home- I don’t walk around naked after a shower until after I’m pretty dried off, but I do do it.

Out in public is another story. I’m “festively plump” so I don’t do bathing suits on a regular basis. But a Korean spa opened nearby and after reading an article about the place, I was intrigued. They had a Groupon for the entry fee, so I went with my sister. My sister does not have the same body issues I do- she’s naturally slim, but rounded in the right places.

We stopped by one evening just to ask if we had to make appointments ahead of time and they offered to take us on a tour of the place. We took our shoes off and went into the women’s area.

It was pretty busy and I was relieved to see women of all shapes and sizes, from petite Asian women to potato-shaped European/American women. After a minute, it felt more awkward being the only ones with clothes on.

When we went for real, we went very late at night- it’s open 24 hours, and we wanted to go when the least amount of people were there, so we disco-napped and went at 1am on a weeknight. There were only a few women there- a middle-aged woman with her daughter who looked to be about 12; she must have been homeschooled or something because this was a weeknight and the next day was not a holiday. And it looked like maybe the mom’s sister or friend. A few other women.

It was a little strange at first, more between me and my sister because we haven’t been fully naked in front of each other since we were little kids. We got over it pretty quick- the feeling of freeness of being naked in a relaxing whirlpool will do that to you.

After we were done in the pool area, they issued us each shorts and a t-shirt and we went into the common room, where there were couches and TVs, all muted, playing a Korean news station. It was probably 2:30am by this time and something about the whirlpools just sucks the life out of you. Many of the men and women who were there were just crashed on the many couches around the room, and after a little while, it was hard to not do the same. Definitely the weirdest place I’ve woken up in. We probably slept for 45 minutes to an hour, before padding back to the women’s area and getting back in our street clothes and throwing ourselves back into the cold, cold night (Chicago in February) at 4:00am.

We’ve been back once since then, but decided to go in the middle of the day. It was definitely more comfortable this time, and I look forward to going again.

28. ann responded on 01 Feb 2012 at 11:47 am #

I am a naked person. I would be naked all the time if I could be! I am chunky, lumpy, uneven breasted, and stretched out from 2 kids and nursing, but God help me I love this body! It moves, grooves, dances, and can be a mean pretend dragon!

29. Carl responded on 09 Feb 2012 at 6:22 pm #

As someone who stumbled across this article while Googling “Spa Castle” where I have been….most men over the age of 40 have zero problem with nudity around other men. We’ve done it since Jr and Senior high school.
    It’s mainly younger guys that squeal about having to get naked around others. And actually, men like to check one another out naked (without actually looking like we’re looking) to see how we stack up against other guys. :) It’s a macho thing.

Not only that (and this is a fact), some of the so called “straight” and married guys look for “action” with other guys in these types of places.

30. Heather H responded on 13 Feb 2012 at 11:03 pm #

I have absolutely no embarrassment at all about being nude in a female locker room or spa, despite the fact that over the last few years I am a lot heavier than I would like to be.

We were required to take nude group showers in the girls locker room at the end of every gym class in middle school and high school. And in high school I was on the girls swim team. We were required to take a nude soap-shower before entering the pool, and then we just chose to shower in the nude after swim practice and meets. So, I became completely used to showering in the nude around other females, as well as them showering in the nude in front of me.

I used to be in really good shape, but have packed on the pounds the last few years. But it hasn’t changed anything as far as my willingness to be nude in the ladies locker room at my gym. It’s showering and changing, not a beauty contest. For the most part, no-one is looking at anyone else, anyway.

There’s a woman at my gym that is openly gay, and everyone knows that she is gay, but no-one seems to be concerned with whether their nude or not when she’s in there. It seems to me that she’s not concerned with whether their nude or not, either? I’ve never seen her “checking out” anyone, or being embarrassed or nervous if they are nude. It doesn’t seem to be the same as if it were a man in the women’s locker room.

31. lilylee responded on 06 Mar 2012 at 1:44 am #

Totally a naked person. Oddly, I feel SO much less self-conscious that way. I’m quite insecure and way too neurotic about how my belly/arms/chin/etc are too flabby or whatever when I’m in normal situations with other women, but get us all naked, and there’s just me – still with back fat, tummy rolls, stretch marks, erm, dark treasure trail and frequently un-manicured bikini line – but also with the smooth skin on my boobs, the subtle curve of my waist and shoulders, and the fact that yep, this is me. Hello!

When I was a freshman in college, a roommate and I started having “naked tea parties” with some other girls in our hall. Christmas lights plugged in, mint tea, and just hanging out…so great.

…yes I realize I’m late to this post, but oh well. ;)