Kates against plastic surgery

Kate Torgovnick, the fantastic mastermind behind Kate-Book.com (yes, there’s a site for people with my name, because we rule the world), sent me this piece yesterday. It’s about Kates and plastic surgery. Some of the more prominent Kates in our ranks—Kate Winslet, Kate Walsh, and Cate Blanchett (I guess she counts)—are speaking out against it. Kate T joined them, writing:

“I almost see it as if women, as a group, are on strike, trying to push back against the unreasonable beauty ideals that are driving us all freaking insane. Which kind of makes the woman who gets plastic surgery the scab who crosses the picket line. I understand why she does it. But ouch.”

And she sent the piece to me because I write about body image, so I’m probably against plastic surgery, too.

Except it’s a little bit more complicated, because of the two nose jobs.

When people talk about cosmetic surgery, they are often talking about two things: surgery to erase/disguise aging, and boob jobs. The actresses who speak out against it often defend their right to age, or defend the size of their breasts. They are often speaking against the incredibly rigid beauty standards in their industry, where cosmetic surgery is practically the norm. I’ve noticed that non-movie stars, though, often seem offended by the idea of cosmetic surgery. It’s not the norm for us at all. It sometimes seems a little freakish. And it’s easy for me to nod along when someone makes a sad, knowing comment about the “work that woman got done.” It never sounds like they’re talking about me. No one would think I’ve gotten “work” done at all. I nod along with Kate T when she writes about pushing back against unreasonable beauty ideals.

I agree. I mean, that’s my whole thing. You should love yourself the way you are.

But love is a tricky thing. Self-love maybe especially. I’m great at loving Bear, for example. And my parents, and my brothers. I’m a champ. I am not as good with myself. Sometimes my tone crosses a line. I get a little abusive.

“What the hell is WRONG with you?” I might snap at myself, when I only made a simple mistake.

I never buy myself flowers after.

Honestly, though, I’m not that bad. Not these days. For the most part, I’m pretty civil. Sometimes when I catch myself feeling bad, I’m like, “Hey, what’s going on? You’re doing fine! Chin up! You’re pretty great!” And I adopt this perky voice, and I offer myself a glass of water. Or a milkshake. Which usually works a lot better than a glass of water.

I can’t disapprove of plastic surgery, because I don’t regret getting it. When I made the decision to change my face, I felt strong and certain. I felt like I was taking charge of my life. I wonder if that’s how women feel when they’re dieting too much. When they’ve stopped eating enough. Maybe. But I can’t erase it. I can’t misremember that feeling. And looking back, my surgeries fit into a story about my relationship with my appearance that’s being told every day of my life. There I am, sitting in the chair, telling the doctor what I want.

“Just a slight change,” I’m saying.

I have painted my face so many times. I know what it needs.

And later, the cast is being removed, the stitches yanked out, and I am not so different after all. But I feel different, because I went through it. I am not as angry at my almost-exactly-the-same face. I chose this one. Even when it turns out my nose is now crooked. And I can’t breathe as well. Even after the second surgery the doctor insists on doing, for free this time, with me awake. Even when it’s clear that it went wrong and when I tell people I got a nose job, I can see their eyes measuring, trying to figure it out, adjusting. How big was it before?

I want all of us to look in the mirror and like what we see. I want to wink at my reflection.

These days, I do sometimes. I am better at it all the time. But my cosmetic surgery is mixed up in it. It’s a part of me. I’m not sure how to disentangle it.

So I guess I have to be a Kate who is sitting on the fence. I can’t pick a side. I’m not sure we need them. But even if we do, I can’t. Maybe I’m already a deserter, by default. Maybe, like everyone in one way or another, I just have scar tissue.

Since I’m posing another perspective, maybe this whole thing should be called “Kates debate!”? :-)

Plastic surgery thoughts, anyone? Or, have you ever done something for your appearance that you knew people would disapprove of?

Unroast: Today I love the way I look with different colors on my fingernails and toenails.

Kate on March 8th 2012 in beauty, being different, nose, perfection

44 Responses to “Kates against plastic surgery”

1. Melanie responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 1:16 pm #

When I was younger and very naive I spoke out against plastic surgery and the women who got it. As I’ve aged and gotten wiser, I realize what is right for me is not right for everyone. If someone is healthy and working on being a good person, who am I to judge if they want a nip there or a tuck here? I find that most people who are constantly worrying about the choices of others, are doing so to avoid having to do the hard work and make great choices in their own lives. I get speaking out against things that promote an impossible beauty standard, but I also get that as women we need to support each other rather than tear each other down.

My biggest issue right now is reading things where people talk about “the fat lazy people.” I had to stop reading a ton of blogs where people talked, obviously out of their own insecurities, about people of size. If you want to be tiny that is fine. But if you want to make the whole world tiny, I have to wonder why.

So while for years I was going to get some boobs, ’cause I like boobs, I decided that instead I’m just going to work on loving how I am. It’s sometimes depressing, and not always possible. But I’m working on it. I think you are brave for the nose job, and your honesty about it.

2. Kimmy Sue Ruby Lou responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 1:21 pm #

where is it written that you have to choose a side? and sitting on the fence is a very good spot for seeing both sides of yourself…and not taking either of them too seriously. nose jobs withstanding!

3. katilda responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 2:03 pm #

I like this part: “I can’t disapprove of plastic surgery, because I don’t regret getting it. When I made the decision to change my face, I felt strong and certain. I felt like I was taking charge of my life.” …for me it’s not plastic surgery; it’s laser-hair removal. I had it up to here (*gestures to some region around my head*) with shaving my nether-regions every time I wanted to put a swimsuit on. Wearing shorts to avoid shaving my bikini line? Wearing shorts to cover up razor burn when I did shave? No thank you! I wanted to run free! I feel like a kid again being able to wear just swimsuit bottoms and no board shirts. Plus, my body feels sexier without that hair. Hair works for some people, and I don’t care if other people have body hair….but I don’t want it on me. And so, one day I went in for a “consultation”….next thing you know I was under the laser. And I love it. I love my clean, smooth skin and I can’t wait for summer! But sometimes, I look at the total cost of all this and I start thinking things like “There are starving children in Africa! And I am dropping G’s to have a stranger inflict pain on sensitive skin just so I don’t have hair down there!” But then I have to remember….I already signed the contract, so there’s no use regretting it. I also love the results, so there’s no use regretting it. Turns out I can save the kids in Africa (or whatever else it may be) AND have a full brazilian laser adventure. So I feel pretty at peace with it all, but i won’t lie, I’m still careful about who I tell…for some reason it matters if people judge me about it? I don’t know why. I should stop caring, eh? And that is my essay on laser hair removal.

4. Kate responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 2:20 pm #

@katilda
    Love the essay :-) A few of my friends have gotten laser hair removal, and they are SO happy about it. One of them did not have any extra money, but she saved up for it, and felt it was worth every penny.

If it makes you feel better, and you’re not hurting yourself, it’s probably OK.

5. Loren responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 3:38 pm #

I could never be ‘against’ plastic surgery because I have known women that had some and it just made them SO happy after. To look the way they wanted to look.
    I do wish that women didn’t feel the need to get plastic surgery. That everyone could feel beautiful and comfortable inside their own skin.

But I have a couple tattoos, so if some woman wants to change her bone structure, me and my body modifications certainly can’t judge her.

6. Kim_n21 responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 3:44 pm #

I had surgery that was roughly equivalent to a rhinoplasty to fix a deviated septum and a sinus defect when I was 17. It was, to date, the most painful thing I’ve ever experienced (note: I haven’t experienced childbirth yet. I’m told that might knock this down to the 2nd most painful thing). It was very much medically necessary and I will admit that I have a hard time understanding why someone would do it on an elective basis. But! I also know that it’s not a wrong choice for someone else simply because I don’t understand it. I feel that way about most plastic surgery- I don’t want to modify my body in that way, but I think that people should have the right to do so if they choose. I do think that it’s not a choice that should be undertaken lightly (and you certainly don’t seem to have done so) and I think that in some cases a surgeon should maybe suggest some counseling before preforming a surgery (like, when someone’s had 6 surgeries in 3 years or something like that. When it seems harmful and an addiction). But otherwise, I’m pretty live and let live, because everyone’s got to walk their own path to self-acceptance.

7. Anne responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 3:56 pm #

Tip for those who want laser hair removal but are put off by the expense- sign up for Groupon or LivingSocial. It might vary, but in my area every few weeks there will be a coupon for 4-6 laser sessions for $99, which is an AWESOME deal (plus it makes me feel better about the whole starving-children-in-Africa thing).

My feelings about plastic surgery are quite confused, and it’s actually something that I’ve been trying to work out recently (not because I want to get surgery or anything. I just want to know where I stand on the matter). On one hand, I agree with the piece you linked when she says plastic surgery is all about trying to conform to a narrow beauty ideal, and for that reason, my first instinct is to think it’s wrong. But then I say, “Self, you do things to conform to a narrow beauty standard all the time! You shave your legs! You wear makeup! You get laser hair removal, for God’s sake! Who are you to say what someone else does to conform to the standard is wrong?”
    And then I protest, “But those things don’t fundamentally, permanently change my appearance! There’s a line!”
    And I guess that’s it- there’s a fine line for everybody.

8. Kate responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 3:57 pm #

@Anne
    Well said. Everyone’s line is a little differently placed. And it really is a complicated issue.

9. Maria responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 4:00 pm #

I feel like sometimes when people rail against plastic surgery they forget that it’s not always about living up to unrealistic beauty standards. People get plastic surgery for lots of reasons. I had a breast reduction when I was 21. And sure, I liked the idea of looking better, but mostly it was about not being a hunchback in a lot of pain by the time I was 40.

10. Lynellekw responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 4:03 pm #

I promised myself years ago that if I still hated my nose when I was 35, I’d get it “fixed”. I secretly figured that I’d probably have gotten over it by then. I’m 35 next year… still not fond of my nose, but some excellent photos taken by a photographer who specialises in actor’s headshots have convinced me it really doesn’t need changing. Also, there’s many other things I’d rather spend money on than cosmetic surgery. Like travelling and fixing my house. Priorities.

11. Kate responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 4:05 pm #

@Maria
    Definitely true. And of course, people get cosmetic surgery because they were burned or in a car accident or have a deformity.
    A friend of mine also got a breast reduction, and another knows her life would be easier with one.
    But I think it’s safe to assume that people aren’t talking about you when they talk about cosmetic surgery.

12. Kate responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 4:06 pm #

@Lynellekw
    Oh my god, can I see the photos? I’m dying to see them. Photos are the worst for me, with my nose. They’re the one thing that still makes me feel bad about it.

13. Sooz responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 4:26 pm #

I’ve THOUGHT about getting plastic surgery to fix my jiggly thighs and jiggly tummy and droopy boobs….but I’m too SCARED to do it b/c I’ve heard too many horror stories. I think I’m sitting right next to you on that fence, Kate!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Kate responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 4:32 pm #

@Sooz
    I’m glad to have you here with me! You’re great company!

15. Courtney responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 4:50 pm #

I used to be very much against plastic surgery, but I’ve definitely softened on the issue.

Just two weeks ago, my mom went under the knife to get a breast reduction. She told me that all her life she’s hated having large breasts. She developed early, and was teased when she was younger. She said that she hated the way they made her feel objectified. They weren’t huge to the point of causing back problems or anything, just rather ample for her frame. So, after years and years of talking about it, she did it. When I asked her if she was glad she got it done she said “more and more every day”.

How can I judge her for that? If that’s what makes her happier living in her own skin than I can’t tell her she’s terrible for doing it. (I would never do that anyway.)

16. Ceci responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 5:43 pm #

I’m against plastic surgery that isn’t for medical or reconstructive reasons for the same reasons I’m against exalting thinness as the ideal and eternal youth as a goal. For me, there is little difference between a girl starving herself to look like the ideal and a girl getting repeated breast implant surgeries for the rest of her life…to look like the ideal. The messages underlying both are strong: a) There’s something wrong with us 2) There is a right way and a wrong way to look. There are only a handful of noses that are acceptable. There is only one desirable weight, skin color, cup size, height, on and on.

It’s bullshit. That same idiot would see the astounding diversity of the natural world and say, we should only have roses, bluejays, sunny days, etc.. But that’s exactly the message we’ve embraced and promoted. Plastic surgery is a symptom of this sick message.

17. Jenny responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 6:43 pm #

I agree that plastic surgery is a symptom of a bigger problem. I don’t blame people for desiring and pursuing a change in appearance, since our media culture is so damned obsessed with it and somehow we seem to be deeply affected by this, even though we know deep inside that it’s BS. We need a paradigm shift that allows for a reevaluation of what beauty truly is, and to not place so much emphasis on one brand of it. We all want to feel beautiful in our own way, but we already are, without alteration. We care too much how others perceive us. Sometimes is seems we just love to hate ourselves?

18. Jenny responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 6:44 pm #

By the way, I’m so glad I found you Kate! You and your writing has inspired me quite a lot. Thanks for doing what you do girl. You’re amazing and very beautiful.:)

19. Jenny responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 6:45 pm #

Oops..”have” not “has”.

20. Amanda responded on 08 Mar 2012 at 8:01 pm #

I think sometimes “Gosh, I’d like a little nip/tuck here or there.” I’m over 40, and in addition to standard aging issues I also have a little redundant skin due to some weight I loss. It’s not tremendous, though, and I’m really the only one who notices.

But I matter. So if it bothers me…

Ultimately, it’s an issue of cost… both financial, and in surgical risks. Yeah, the neck bugs, but does it bug *that* much? So far, it doesn’t. Time will tell.

21. Nanasha responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 12:06 am #

I have K-M cup breasts on a 38 inch band size. My breasts are about 15-20 pounds APIECE, and while my back is fairly strong because I do a lot of ab exercises, I still want to eventually get a breast reduction because I’m not sure how well my body is going to do with this weight on my chest through middle and old age (I exercise every day and my waist is a good 10-12 inches smaller around than my bust, so this is real boob weight, not just extra poundage from fat all over). The reason I’m putting it off? Well, to be honest, it’s because I want to breastfeed my second child (I am currently pregnant for the second time) and have heard many stories from women who had severe trouble breastfeeding after breast reduction. So it will probably be another two years (My first child breastfed for about 2.25 years). I don’t really want them to look horrible and scarred or anything, but I just would like them to be smaller, maybe an F or DD cup- something I don’t have to special order in a hideously gigantic scratchy size and shape. Do you know what I want to do more than anything? I want to be able to run without feeling like my front is going to snap my spine in half. I want to be able to jog without wearing three corset bras from hell. I want to be able to handle the impact of running longish distances without the hideous chest strain on my lungs. While my daughter still absolutely adores my boobs (she thinks they are the best pillows) and my husband has absolutely no qualms about my current boob size, I’m concerned about the health problems if I keep them this size for my whole life. I don’t want to have to get back surgery and have pervasive back pain for the rest of my life.

I hate the idea of calling these kinds of surgeries “cosmetic,” though- because it gives off the impression that one is doing these things just to “look” better for “someone else.”

How about NEEDING to look a certain way (or have something changed) for oneself? Why is that not respectable?

I am in the camp of “it’s your bodily integrity and you should have the power to make all decisions about your own body.” But I draw the line where people should be expected or even bullied into getting “cosmetic surgery”.

It should be a fully conscious decision made by the individual, no more, no less.

22. Kate responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 12:31 am #

@Nanasha
    IS it not respectable? I can’t imagine someone criticizing you for that decision. I think all of the criticism is reserved for women like me, who just wanted to look different.

23. Nanasha responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 3:12 am #

@Kate

I’ve had some people tell me that I should just “love what God gave me,” or (more irritatingly) “you’ll get smaller boobs if you just lose weight!” I’ve also heard that many doctors will not do breast reductions until you’ve already started having pain or have lost significant amounts of weight. And I have heard some horror stories from fat women who have gotten breast reductions who say that the surgeons did a terrible job, left big scars, etc because “no one will want to see you naked anyway” (“Do no harm” the blog scares the bajeezus out of me in that regard).

The idea that a person feels that they ought to look different in some sort of objective, personal way shouldn’t be looked down upon, IMO. I know people who believe that they ought to have tattoos on their bodies, regardless of the fact that they were not born with said body art. Or people who pierce various parts of their bodies. Or even people who have subcutaneous implants so they can have horns or spikes or something. All of these forms of “modification” are extreme to *someone* out there, but as long as we feel that said modifications are not MANDATORY to be part of society, to be accepted and loved for your individual human self, then I see no harm in any of them, really. :)

24. Okay, so not all Kates are against plastic surgery. A rebuttal. « Kate-book.com, the only website for Kates, by Kates, and about Kates responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 9:01 am #

[...] her full response here. Share this:TwitterFacebookTumblrRedditPinterestStumbleUponDiggLike this:LikeBe the first to like [...]

25. Lynn responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 9:56 am #

I had never given much thought to cosmetic surgery, even with several features others would probably “fix”. I had grown to like my prominent nose, and accept my less than perky asymmetrical breasts. But, I had to give it a lot of thought recently when I was diagnosed with DCIS, an early form of breast cancer.

I ended up not needing a mastectomy, but there were a couple of weeks while more tests were run when it was on the table. I thought, well, if I have to do this, I might as well make them look better. In the end, I was happy not to have to go through it, and now I like my breasts more than ever. They’re perfect, even with the lumpectomy scar.

But, if I ever need to cross that road, I’m going for perky and even. It’s the silver lining.

26. Frankie responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 10:03 am #

It’s an interesting debate. I’m doubt I could ever go through with cosmetic surgery but I can tell you how I felt when sister got a breast-reduction.

I felt, conflicted. I understood why she felt she needed to do it. She was a DD, and on her petite, 106 lb, 4’11”, size 0 frame, her boobs were kind of overpowering. The doctor also said she could have back problems, etc. later in life, so it was a sort of precautionary/ cosmetic surgery. I felt weird because I thought and still do, think she’s pretty awesome, in both appearance and personality. She was young, only 19 (23 now), and the surgery had a multitude of risky side effects. I didn’t think it was worth it, but she did and she went through with it. Did it make her more confident? I don’t see her confidance being better. But it made her feel better and that’s what’s important. It was also disconcerting to have someone so close to me (who I admire greatly) undergo this cosmetic surgery, because it caused me to look at myself in the mirror and wonder what I needed to fix.

27. Lynellekw responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 1:16 pm #

@Kate I did some hunting around because I can’t remember where the disk with my photos on it is, but I’d uploaded one to Facebook. So I’ve put it in Photobucket for you. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/atavaria/Facebook/Profile%20Pictures/290_24184338065_718808065_978601_1443_n.jpg It’s when I still had long hair!

My nose is long and straight and broad and curves down at the tip when I smile. I remember distinctly when I started disliking my nose – it was when I was 9 and I realised that the other girls mostly had little noses – short or snub or even crooked, but little. I developed a habit for a while of pinching my nose closed in the hope it would grow narrower (I still do this when I’m thinking sometimes!).

28. Lynellekw responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 1:18 pm #

Oh, and the next pic in that album is me with short hair!

29. Kate responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 1:19 pm #

@Nanasha
    Thanks for the response. Wow. I had no idea. I’m a little stunned that people said those things to you.

30. Kate responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 1:21 pm #

@Lynellekw
    Holy shit, you are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this! Short hair pic! Short hair pic! (Am I too creepy now?)

31. Lynellekw responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 1:52 pm #

Heheh, anyone who tells me I’m gorgeous can’t be too creepy. I figured out where to find the album link: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v488/atavaria/Facebook/Profile%20Pictures/

It’s got a couple of short-hair pics and some long-hair pics too (it’s all the pics I’ve used for Facebook profile photos).

32. Kate responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 1:56 pm #

@Lynellekw
    It says it needs a password :(

33. Lynellekw responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 2:04 pm #

Dammit! I don’t know how to make this thing work!

Okay, I found the setting to make it public. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v488/atavaria/Facebook/Profile%20Pictures/

34. Kate responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 2:06 pm #

It works! It works! Thanks. See, this is funny, because I’m looking at your face, and I can’t see why you would EVER have a problem with your nose. But that’s always the thing, isn’t it?
    Also, I feel like my nose could beat your nose up. Just sayin’.

35. Lynellekw responded on 09 Mar 2012 at 2:09 pm #

I’m not getting into any nose contests. But that IS always the thing – we don’t see ourselves the way we really are, we just kind of see this image that we’ve already got in our heads. That’s why I liked the professional photos – I looked at them and saw my eyes and my mouth and suddenly my whole face seemed to fit together better. Shots taken with the right lighting by someone who knows how to use a camera just seemed to make me see ME instead of the ideas I already carried around in my mind about what I looked like.

36. Mandy responded on 10 Mar 2012 at 5:55 pm #

Over the years, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the height of arrogance to decide for someone else how they should look–PERIOD. No the so-called “beauty” industry, not the fashion industry, not the exercise gurus, and most certainly not the people who think it’s a sin to mess with what god gave you.
    The only person who should be making decisions about someone’s body is the person who lives in it.
    I mean, isn’t that ultimately what the Women’s Movement was about?–the freedom to make our own choices, and to control our own bodies?

37. morgaine responded on 11 Mar 2012 at 11:27 pm #

Understanding that you would be happier looking different doesn’t necessarily mean you love your current self any less. I feel my best in a sexy dress, but that doesn’t mean I’m any less content in sweatpants. Granted, clothing isn’t permanent, but plastic surgery can be an extension of the same principle. It doesn’t have to stem from insecurity – people change their appearances for all sorts of reasons. No one assumes I hated myself before my tattoos, so why are women with breast implants subject to that assumption?

This is a trend I’ve noticed in modern feminism, and it bothers me: the impulse to pity women who make unpopular choices, mostly sex work and plastic surgery. The assumption that they’d only do so out of desperation or indoctrination, that they need to be “saved from themselves.” How about we treat women as adults and pass less judgment on what they choose to do with their bodies?

38. Kate responded on 11 Mar 2012 at 11:35 pm #

@morgaine
    Hey, great insight! I’m sort of embarrassed for not thinking along these lines myself– probably because my plastic surgery was motivated by not liking the way my nose looked. But of course, even that depended on the day. Some days, I thought I was totally gorgeous anyway. Some days, I didn’t even notice my nose, or liked it. So even in my case, which was motivated largely by negativity, it’s complicated.
    Thank you for making me think.

39. morgaine responded on 11 Mar 2012 at 11:38 pm #

I’m honored to have made one of my favorite bloggers think!

40. Kate responded on 11 Mar 2012 at 11:56 pm #

@morgaine
    Aww! You’re obviously incredibly smart and cool, and I’m honored that you read my stuff.

So yeah. That just got mushy.

(World, that’s the kind of thing that happens on here. Just so you know what you’re getting into.)

41. Jamie B responded on 13 Mar 2012 at 11:52 pm #

I agree with you completely Kate. I think. What I mean is, I think that no woman should ever feel like how she looks is unacceptable. If she’s happy with it, that’s all that should matter. Plastic surgery for the purpose of fitting into social ideals is, imo, stupid.
    BUT
    If that woman is genuinely personally bothered by something about her body, she should have the right to make a change without being judged for it. No matter how frivolous someone else thinks it is – it’s her body, if she needs a round of Botox to be happy with her body, that’s her business.

I had a breast reduction a little over a year ago and … best thing I ever did. I only went down a size or two, but the LIFT part is the gift that keeps on giving. It’s just… amazing. I used to LOATHE my body, and now, well, I kinda like it. :) What’s important is I did it for MY OWN reasons, not somebody else’s reasons. :)

42. Eat the Damn Cake » stop waiting to be prettier responded on 12 Sep 2012 at 12:40 pm #

[...] I had been so sure that everything was different. That I had crossed this magical line into beauty, and there would be a welcoming party of enthusiastically appreciative, yet comfortably respectful young men, and poised, confident, mildly jealous young women waiting to greet me. The whole world would turn, catch a glimpse of me, and stay there for an extra second, smiling, dazed, glad of my existence. [...]

43. Bella A. responded on 19 Sep 2012 at 11:44 pm #

Thanks for this great insight about getting cosmetic surgery. I am not really sure how to respond to this. We all have this bad cosmetic surgery experiences. I hope that yours are okay right now. I have one also but i am just fortunate that I have a good surgeon to fix my nose.

44. energiekevrouwenacademie.nl responded on 05 Sep 2013 at 10:24 pm #

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but good topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
    Thanks for wonderful information I was looking for this information for my
    mission.