getting rejected from volunteering. (seriously. it’s a thing)

This piece appeared originally in Thought Catalog, but I wanted to share it here in full, because I told you guys I was going to apply, and I was all excited about it, and here is the sad ending to that little story about me trying for a second to be a good person.

I am good with children. And I’m not just saying that — there’s real evidence. I ran a summer camp for little kids when I was fifteen. I tutored 12-year-olds at my synagogue for seven years, and once I overheard one of them in the hall saying to her friend, “Kate is the coolest teacher. You’ll see, when you get her next year.” I felt like I’d just won a gold medal for being awesome at life. Or, you know, teaching.

I like kids. I want to have them one day. Sometimes I feel strangely confident when I think about being a mother. More confident than I feel when I’m faced with something like weird colored water coming out of the shower or the question of which recycling bin to put the egg carton in. Raising an entire child? Bring it.

But something just happened to me that has shaken my confidence and tested my faith. Big Brothers Big Sisters rejected me.

(I want to! I want to start something! And I can play a couple chords on the guitar!! I have stuff to offer!)

I am apparently unfit to spend time with an inner-city girl who needs a mentor. Because I am not mentor material. I don’t know why, and I’m afraid of the answer:  I might also have a problem with bad breath. Psychotic tendencies.  A depressingly dour countenance. The potential to launch into passionate diatribes about how “the liberals are running this country into the ground—look at all the immigrants we have here now.” I can’t tell you because I don’t know myself anymore.  BBBS has shredded my self-image.

I was thrilled, at the information session. This is right, I thought. I am supposed to be doing this. I’ve been so selfish, writing all day long, sitting at my computer while this big, tumultuous city rushes by outside my window.(Well, technically, outside my window is a brick wall. But beyond that wall…) It was the first time in a long time I felt like I was doing something for all the right reasons.

I felt like I was waking up out of a career-obsessed haze. I suddenly wanted to make an impact — a real one. To have someone make an impact on me. To show a little girl the parts of the city that I loved but didn’t have time to go to anymore, because I was too busy getting ahead. I wanted to slow down. I wanted to learn this girl’s story — whoever she might be — I wanted to get to know her. I wanted to share with her my love of words, because maybe that girl would like to write, too. I wanted to listen. TO LISTEN! Is that not the height of maturity? I had lots of very sound reasons for wanting to be a Big Sister, and I went in feeling good.

(is it because I’m not good enough at baseball? I can practice!)

I did an hour-long interview with a social worker. He asked me about my sex life. Had I ever had sex I didn’t want to have? I answered him honestly. We talked about my family (“Oh, my brothers! We’re so close! They’re some of my best friends! Of course, we have our little fights — Jake’s stubborn, and I’m stubborn, and Gabe’s in a frat now, which is hard for me to understand, because I always thought frats were creepy, but it works for him, so I support him in that… But they’re hilarious!”), and about my expectations. We talked about religion, about what I thought kids needed. I felt like I was acing it. I talked about kids needing attention, real persistent attention. He asked me to describe myself in a few words. I stumbled briefly, but I picked “sensitive,” as one of them, which is accurate, and also, I thought, good for mentorship, right? I shared my concerns with him — what if I wasn’t what the girl had hoped for? He asked me how I’d react if she talked about smoking pot, having sex, getting raped, being bullied. I tried to think each scenario out carefully before I answered. I would listen. I would be there for her. I would report instances of abuse to the caseworker overseeing our relationship. I would try to get her the help she needed.

I filled out form after form. They fingerprinted me. My rabbi wrote a recommendation. And my husband, and one of my friends. They had to fill out a lot of paperwork, too. My rabbi said, “I’m so glad you’re doing this. This is really the right thing to do. I think it’ll be an amazing experience.”

And then there was the mandatory workshop, where we went over scenarios again. I participated a lot.

I came home buzzing with excitement.

And then I waited.

And waited.

And began to worry, a little. Maybe it was just taking a long time to process all of my information.

And then, yesterday, there were two pieces of mail for me. A jury summons from Brooklyn’s supreme court, and a thin envelope from Big Brothers Big Sisters. My husband grabbed it and ripped it open.

“Read it!” I said, in an excited voice, but my stomach knotted. We all know what a thin envelope means.

“Oh, honey,” he said, his face falling. “I’m so sorry.” He looked up at me, stricken, the letter stuck in his hands. We stood there, on either side of the kitchen counter, awkward, my failure in between us.

The letter began, “Dear Kate, It is with regret that I have to inform you that your application to become a volunteer Big has been declined.”

I didn’t know that volunteers could be rejected. I felt like a drug-dealer. I felt like the college I thought I’d get into had rejected me. I wondered if the FBI had uncovered something incriminating in my records. If someone had stolen my identity briefly. If I have committed horrifying crimes in my sleep.

If so, the world was safe that night. I lay awake in bed, trying to figure out what I’d done wrong. I’m too nerdy. They want mentors who are more outgoing, to inspire the kids. I said that stuff about how well my family gets along. He thought I was lying! He thinks no one is really good friends with their brothers! I don’t understand strife! I have no perspective! My life is too easy! I answered that question wrong! They asked what I’d do if the girl wanted rollerblades, had always wanted them, and couldn’t afford them. I said we could rent them and then later I might buy her a pair. WRONG! NEVER BUY THE KID GIFTS! I was supposed to tell her to save her money for them. That was it. That is why I’m not fit to spend time with the underprivileged children of this city.

I wanted to write to the program director, and ask why. I wanted to say, “But I would have been great! Why didn’t you give me a chance?” And then maybe beg a little. But the letter said, “In accordance with long-standing agency policy, BBBS of NYC does not supply reasons why a decision is made.”

I stared at the letter. It had a long, long list of “officers” and “trustees” running down the left side of the paper. So many people who got to be involved in the noble work of helping children succeed.

But I am not allowed to volunteer.

(no breakfast for me. No stories. No changing lives. I missed it!)

So instead of looking for another program or heading over to the nearest soup kitchen, I’ve returned to my selfish little life. I write, and I write, and occasionally I glance up at the brick wall outside the window. And then, just today, I read a brief piece by Michael Musto in a Village Voice blog. He wrote about getting rejected from BBBS. Suddenly, I felt better.

I threw out the rejection letter.

“The power to change lives” reads the subtitle, on the letterhead. Clearly, I will have to find some other power. Like, master recycler. Or grilled-cheese maker extraordinaire. Or maybe just “good with words.”

Have you ever gotten rejected from something no one should get rejected from? Do you volunteer somewhere now? Tell me!

Unroast: Today I love how happy I sometimes get, just from listening to a song with a strong bass line.

P.S. Stay tuned, I have a gorgeous giveaway for you guys coming up in the next couple days.

Kate on June 26th 2012 in being sad, Uncategorized

43 Responses to “getting rejected from volunteering. (seriously. it’s a thing)”

1. Cindy responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 11:37 am #

Kate, if it helps at all, I have recently heard that a lot of female applicants are turned down because there are too many women who want to help and not enough girls who need mentors (the boys, on the other hand, go longer without a match, because not enough men volunteer). It’s entirely possible that there simply wasn’t a girl for you to mentor.

Please don’t take this personally, since they didn’t actually give you a reason. There are PLENTY of nonprofits who are looking for volunteers, and there are great ways to make an impact. If you go to http://www.idealist.org, you can do a search for volunteer opportunities in your area, and narrow them by type of organization. There are probably a lot you’ve never heard of, so just hop on over to their website and check them out before going forward with the volunteering, to make sure you’re comfortable with their mission, location, and clientele.

This website has over 800 different types of opportunities in NYC, alone, and one of the first ones is actually an arts/mentoring position that might fit the bill – it combines your love of painting with the desire to mentor kids who need it. You can check this posting out here: http://www.idealist.org/view/volop/ps876chjk6W4/

Hope that helps! Best of luck!

2. Kate responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 11:39 am #

@Cindy
    Thanks!!
    And yes, I’ve definitely heard that, too. It’s probably nothing, but I was really, really looking forward to it! And I couldn’t help but write a melodramatic piece about it, of course :-)

3. Melanie responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 11:51 am #

I was rejected from the program as well, because they said they already had plenty of big sisters in my area. I told them, “I’m willing to drive to another area. This is absurd for you to turn down volunteers.” I have my degree in child development, worked with kids for 13 years, and I don’t want kids of my own. I am awesome with children. Plus, with my addictive history and how I overcame and am now leading a “successful” life, I think I’d be the perfect mentor.

I also did a stint with WEAVE because I wanted to put in phone hours and then work with kids in the safe house, and never heard back from them. I no longer give money to WEAVE. I’m sorry, but just not communicating is really bad practice in my opinion.

I now just take things to the homeless camps and do things on my own. I don’t need an organization to volunteer my time. I just do it on my own. :)

4. allison responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 11:54 am #

This seems really strange to me. If there just weren’t enough girls needing mentors, why couldn’t they just say that? How could they not expect you to feel rejected when they phrase it that way? And if they really DID reject you? Well, then, they’re stupid stupidheads (first-time commenter, not giving free reign to what I really want to call them).

5. Loren responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 12:07 pm #

I know a friend of mine got turned down at an animal rescue because they didn’t think her home was ‘a good fit’ for fostering animals. If that makes you feel better ;)
    I volunteer with a non-profit that sells fair trade goods made all over the world.
    They have also had to turn down certain volunteers. But it’s actually a lot of fun. There is always SOMEONE out there who needs your help, you should definitely keep looking for some other way to work with kids.

6. Ashley responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 12:10 pm #

Wow I’m sorry you were turned down. I mean, I can understand why they wouldn’t want sex offenders or someone who would actually be a risk to volunteer, but you? That doesn’t make sense. I wonder if I would be rejected by them. There’s one here in my town, I might apply just to see. I have never been turned down for a volunteering opportunity, besides an organization telling me there were none available. I used to volunteer as a patient transporter at the hospital, and now I do social work at a domestic crisis center.

7. karkle responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 12:16 pm #

I have not been rejected, but I did get fired! It was with a Christian-based organization who worked with high-school kids and I was a rock-solid volunteer — college student, very reliable, helped in any way possible. Then the director found out my boyfriend (very soon after fiance) were moving in together and I was asked to leave. He said, “I’m not saying what you’re doing is wrong, but it’s definitely a gray area and you can’t live in the gray and work with kids.” It hurt. Poor John had never seen me so inconsolable. It was that ugly type of crying – you know the one…

Five years later and I’m finally back in the volunteer game. I serve as a doula in Austin to women with little or no support with an organization called GALS – givingaustinlaborsupport.org. It’s wonderful and beautiful and I love helping these mamas.

You’ll find your place! And it will be GREAT!

8. Sarah the Violinist responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 1:13 pm #

@Loren: Ten Thousand Villages is a great non-profit (my boyfriend is Mennonite and introduced me to the store)!

On another note, a few years ago during my foray into online dating I was rejected from e-harmony. I’m actually kind of proud of that one. :)

9. Kim responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Hey Kate – I’m sorry you were turned down, but Cindy is spot on. My sons were in BGBS when they were little, and they NEVER got big brothers. (sadness). Unfortunately, there were lots of willing big sisters, but never enough big brothers. You can always try again! {{{hugssss}}}

10. ladykatya responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Kate –

It’s probably not you — it’s them. ;)

@Cindy – thank you for the recommendation for idealist! I’m on there now looking for something for my children and I to do! :)

– lk

11. Kristina responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 1:22 pm #

I once got turned down to donate blood. I felt like crying because i wanted to donate and get the damn cookie and juice. I think I answered one of the questions wrong

12. Liz responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 1:28 pm #

I was rejected from a Czech circus. Don’t feel too bad, Kate.

13. Sheryl responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 1:34 pm #

@Kristina – I got turned down to donate blood too. It was heartbreaking. And since I tried to donate and was rejected, the organization that takes the donations keeps calling and asking me to come back, even though they’ve already told me that they don’t want/can’t use my blood. It’s a bit of a kick in the face.

14. Mikayla responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 2:13 pm #

Kate, I was rejected by an animal adoption agency. It hurt so much and made me second guess my intentions and abilities. What made it particularly lame was that I met the dog and was already beginnning to imagine my life as a dog owner. Then of course they backtracked on me and made me speak to the director of the nonprofit about my work hours. I’d honestly like to know how many employers allow dogs at the workplace!!

Anyways, long story short, they completely overlooked the fact that I was offering a loving stable home for a dog that needed one and got hung up on my 9-5 job. Jeesh!!

Now I have Muttley, whom I adopted from the local county animal shelter. I was actually shocked at the minimal amount of paperwork and riga-ma-role that they put me through after the stint with the overprotective nonprofit. “Here’s your dog! Have a nice life!”

Muttley was meant to be. And I’m sure you’ll find your “meant to be” good samaritan outlet!

15. Lauren Michelle responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 3:35 pm #

Wl, I got rejected from being able to further my education, which is pretty standard. I mean, that happens to people all the time, but it sounds kind of stupid when I repeat it to myself. I got rejected from wanting to learn more at something I was already good at. What? Sorry, I guess I’m still bitter. :p

16. Kate responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 4:07 pm #

@Melanie
    I feel like in situations like these they should at least suggest another option. Don’t they want people to volunteer in SOME capacity? It feels confusing

17. Kate responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 4:08 pm #

@Liz
    Are you serious?? Can you tell us more?

18. Kate responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 4:08 pm #

@Kim
    Oh no!! I wish more men would volunteer. I’m going to try to convince Bear…

19. Kate responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 4:09 pm #

@Loren
    When I was little I thought Ten Thousand Villages was THE COOLEST place ever. I think I’d still think it was pretty awesome, if I went back now.

20. Michi responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 4:56 pm #

This is why I don’t volunteer for things. I’m so scared of rejection. Every time I talk about donating blood, I say in the next breath, “but they probably wouldn’t want my blood anyway.” I talk about volunteering at a DV hotline, or with girls who are interested in science, but again, I never do it, because I don’t want to be rejected. I don’t want to hear, “Actually you are a sociopath and completely without empathy, and really you shouldn’t be anywhere near any other human being, basically ever.” They might not say that, exactly. But that doesn’t make me any less terrified of it.

21. Heather responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 5:12 pm #

Kate,
    There are so many organizations out there for women to volunteer for but one of the best ones I know of and have been apart of my whole life is called International Order of Rainbow for Girls. It’s an amazing organization that’s always looking for young women like yourself to get involved with. I grew up in this organization and currently serve as the Mother Advisor to one of the largest groups in MA. Here is the link to the local group in your area: http://harmony-pilgrim.nyiorg.org/. I hope you will consider helping out and provided a beautiful and creative voice for many girls who desperately need that growing up! My husband and I have 4 children and sometimes I think you so wiser beyond your years from the articles I read here! Thanks so much for your voice and the interesting reading! Never let that spark die and please consider helping out this great organization!

22. Also Kate responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 5:42 pm #

I’ve been rejected from donating blood 3 times even though I’ve successfully donated before and I know I could do it again. (Minor involuntary physical reaction to the finger prick to test your iron levels + Red Cross policy gets me booted out unless they’re feeling generous.) I finally had to take myself off their call list, because after multiple rejections, it’s not worth scheduling a donation, heading over during my lunch hour, and being told I’m not good enough (which is, of course, how it feels. So much shame.)

Would second the recommendations for Idealist, though. There are lots of great nonprofits that could use volunteers. :)

23. Kate responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 6:00 pm #

@Heather
    Thank you!

24. Allison responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 6:12 pm #

Ah Kate, I’m sorry that you got rejected. However, there’s a niche for you. :) I know that most thoughts of volunteering go to kids or animals, which are both really admirable causes, but don’t forget that seniors need help too. Many are lonely and only looking to have company who will listen and make them feel valued once more. This has been on my heart lately…as they lose the abilities they once had, and don’t have people to visit (they came from a generation that did that), they feel devalued and obsolete.
    No matter where you end up volunteering, just be present. That’s what needed. :)

25. StephC responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 6:50 pm #

A few years ago, the city I live in flooded. Our area was fine, but it was perhaps the only section of Brisbane (or the entire state of Queensland) not under water. When it quit raining, my husband and I went to one of the volunteer-organizing stations to get on a bus to go to affected areas of the city to help clean up.

We waited. And waited. And waited. Eventually someone told us to go home. There were too many volunteers.

In college, some friends and I wanted to help Habitat for Humanity over the summer. We started looking into it in Feb. The waitlist was ridiculous, like a year and a half….

Have you thought of volunteering with a women’s shelter? My mother does that, has for years. And a buddy of mine does it in Manhattan. There’s always so much need in the world, so many people who just need someone to care about them. I hope you don’t let this hold you back. BBBS is just one organization, and a popular one. They’re probably just operating at capacity and it has nothing to do with you as a person. :)

26. Val responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 8:06 pm #

A good friend was turned down by the Peace Corps. She has no idea why. It’s weird, and I’m sure it’s more about them than it is about anything to do with you. love, Val

27. San D responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 8:12 pm #

I’ve got one better. A close friend of me got rejected from EHarmony.com…talk about REJECTION! His letter said something to the effect that with the answers he gave, they would NEVER be able to match him up. We roared with laughter.

28. San D responded on 26 Jun 2012 at 9:55 pm #

oopsy meant “close friend of mine”….

29. Janine responded on 27 Jun 2012 at 6:21 am #

Hi Kate,

It may not help, I do know that when my ex and I went to volunteer, he was snapped up, and I was told by the coordinator who saw me looking crushed (btw, I am a high school teacher with great references) that they just don’t have a high need for female mentors. It seems that people think only boys need strong role models, and most moms tend to be around and don’t want ‘competition’ for their daughters, so that is very likely what happened to you. They may contact you at some other point. There may have been a reason (or personal prejudice) on the part of the interviewer that you will never know or understand-their loss!! Onward and upward-although it is shattering, and I am sorry. =(

30. Liz responded on 27 Jun 2012 at 9:08 am #

Concerning the Czech circus –
    I was living in Slovakia at the time. Two of my friends and I wanted to go to the circus that was in town. It was this dinky little thing (I think the biggest animal attraction was these trained goats), but it looked really fun. We bought tickets and everything, but for some reason, they wouldn’t let us in. We spoke enough of the language to communicate, and they just kept on telling us that we weren’t the kind of people they wanted. (We didn’t look seedy or anything, except for my friend’s beards, so I don’t know what their problem was!) They were kinda nasty about it too.

So, the 3 of us sat outside across the little river and listened to everyone having fun inside the tent. And then – no joke – it began to rain! We started calling each other “the circus rejects” and whenever life kinda sucks or when things are going great, we write or facebook each other with some line about rejection – and it puts everything in proper focus lol

31. Charise responded on 27 Jun 2012 at 10:05 am #

I am a volunteer for BBBS, and at least in my area, couples can co-mentor a boy. If Bear is up for it, maybe the two of you can try for that?

It makes me so sad to see them turning away mentors, and ESPECIALLY using terms like “declined” instead of putting applicants on a waitlist if it really is that there’s too many volunteers, or explaining the situation.

32. Kimmy Sue Ruby Lou responded on 27 Jun 2012 at 10:33 am #

Possibly they felt you would be “too sensitive.”

33. Pam responded on 27 Jun 2012 at 11:19 am #

I applied for a job at BBBS almost a year ago, so when they called me eight months later, I didn’t even know what I applied for! I went to the five-hour interview. They never called or wrote me saying I didn’t get the job. I called for weeks. The HR director did tell me there were too many female volunteer applicants though.

I’ve also tried to volunteer in the past for other organizations, but no one wanted me. I worked 9-5 and no one needed anyone at night. Ever. I’m willing to give my time and energy … for free! Ridiculous if you ask me.

34. Iris responded on 27 Jun 2012 at 3:20 pm #

It’s even worse if you want to turn this kind of thing into your living. I’m a student hoping to work in the humanitarian sector (primarily international development) and everyone I’ve spoken to about achieving it says the same thing: there are many, many more people who want to work in the third sector than there are spaces for them, it’s almost impossible to get in, you need to be an expert… It seems so counter-intuitive – there are definitely enough problems out there, how do we not need more people solving them?

I say take these other lovely commenters’ recommendation and do a similar mentoring thing with a smaller organization. They’re usually better to work in, and often much more effective – because they don’t get so tied up in bureaucracy, they get more direct results and can work much more flexibly.

35. Megan responded on 28 Jun 2012 at 11:41 am #

I completely understand! One summer while I was home from college, I was rejected from being a volunteer at the youth group I had been a part of in middle and high school. Some of my friends were volunteers there at the time and enjoyed it, so I thought it would be a fun opportunity to continue to be a part of the youth group in any way that I could. I volunteered as a team member and after the brief interview, I was told that it seemed like I wasn’t in it for the kids, but rather to hang out with my friends. I was crushed and offended :(

36. Spelling responded on 28 Jun 2012 at 2:26 pm #

That is so dumb. You sound like a fantastic person to have as a Big.

I hope you find your volunteer calling somewhere else. :)

37. Leslie responded on 20 Feb 2013 at 4:11 pm #

I know how it feels, a horrible feeling! Hopefully they will reconsider, you seem like such a nice person :) I recently applied for a volunteer program on Criminal Justice at a court house. Sadly, they rejected saying they have other volunteers that have loads of experience. I know it is not as helpful as helping a child, but I have a passion of that. I felt like I got a rejection letter to not getting a job:(

38. TK responded on 09 May 2013 at 9:58 pm #

I was rejected to volunteer for a fire department. I honestly wanted to help the community but I felt I got rejected because I am a female. Only men were in the station with the exception of two older females. Its sad that we are trying to help and make this world a better place, yet we got declined to do so.

39. Meghan responded on 10 May 2013 at 11:14 pm #

I was rejected by BBBS about 8 years ago. Like you I was not told why. Like you I found it very upsetting.

Finally this year I decided to volunteer with another organization called Write Girl. I went to an event they held and it seemed like the perfect fit for me. This week they sent me two emails asking for new volunteers. I applied… and they rejected me.

I don’t know what to think about this volunteer rejection. But reading your story helped me feel better.

40. Amy responded on 28 Jun 2013 at 2:41 am #

I never knew a person could be rejected from a volunteer position, that is until today! I was actually recruited by my new church, The First Unitarian Church, to apply to be a chalice circle facilitator, a volunteer position requiring a 3 night commitment per month. I thought it was odd to be recruited, as I have only been a member of the church for less than 6 months, but after thinking it over I decided to look at is as a sign/opportunity to get more involved in the church. I completed the application, engaged in a bit of back and forth emailing with the powers that be and finally attended an hour long interview earlier this week. Boy was I taken by surprise when I received the rejection phone call this evening. Rejected by my church from a volunteer position for which they recruited me. Yikes! Not really feeling the love for that place right now.

41. RS responded on 15 Nov 2013 at 1:32 pm #

I was also turned down by BBBS. The small town I live in is very clickish and if you don’t have money, you don’t get to do things like be a volunteer at BBBS. Although it is well known that you have to be rich, I was stupid enough to go for an interview anyway (thinking I could be acceptable). The sad part is that I don’t flaunt that I have plenty of money and would of given lots to the program, but they didn’t want me. It’s sad for the children more then it is for me though. I like children and would of done my best and given lots. Sorry about your rejection too. I feel ya.

42. Peter responded on 05 Feb 2014 at 4:23 pm #

I am a swimmer and have been training at our local YMCA for a few years. Recently, because I have a flexible schedule decided to volunteer to coach kids/adults to swim at the local but my application was “sat on” and delayed, with no response from the aquatic directors. After some friendly cajoling, they came to tell me that I don’t embrace the YMCA ethics because they thought that all I wanted to do was obtain free training (cpr, lifeguarding, etc). It appears their focus is to extract as much money from students and parents, and there is a concious effort to justify their salaries (as minimal as they may be) by 1) limiting class time to students, 2) limiting how much is taught. Unfortunately, I think many volunteers (myself included) are a tad bit naive…thinking they want to help somebody, but fail to realize many of these organizations are run by petty power-hungry people, to be avoided at any wage, let alone free!. So, don’t fret it. Chuck it up as life experience, and realize if you want to help somebody, you can do it by yourself (as others have said here). DOn’t let some of these bozos ruin your self confidence….trust me, it would be worst if you actually did work for them.
    Good luck
    Peter

43. Kasia responded on 20 Mar 2014 at 3:05 pm #

I received an email yesterday with rejection from volunteering in a local organization that empowers girls and women, so I cried myself to sleep.