Morgaine eats cake (suavely)

I am somewhere between 18 and 22 years old. My initials are SSM, but you can call me Morgaine. Sometimes it’s hard for me to accept that I am not, in fact, Morgan le Fay, so humor me, please. I live in Vermont, but I’m moving to Oregon soon.

I like to stand out. I have pink hair, a tattoo on my hip, and a stud in my nose. I run a fashion blog. I like to be seen, but I’ve only just realized that I’m deeply uncomfortable being known. Displaying myself for a crowd happens on my terms. When someone, of their own accord, tries to dig a little deeper, I run screaming. I’m slowly working up from “graceless hermit” to “functional conversationalist.” Perhaps one day I’ll attain “suave sophisticate” (but I’m not holding my breath).

I’m awesome at fashion, words, and dragging people from their comfort zones. My favorite kind of cake is sponge, which I’ve had every birthday since my ninth. (The pictured cake, sadly, is not sponge, but trifle from my university market. Still pretty good.)

I used to be bulimic, and I can’t believe I just admitted that on the internet.

Unroast? The only makeup I wear is lipstick, and I love how I look with crimson lips on an otherwise bare face.

My favorite food is whipped cream.

(Check out Morgaine’s blog, Color Me Brazen, here)

From the Cake Eaters series. I ask readers to tell me how old they are, where they’re from, what they’re awesome at, what their favorite cake is, and what their unroast that day is. Got a picture of yourself eating cake? Send it in! kate@eatthedamncake.com

Kate on July 6th 2012 in cake eaters

12 Responses to “Morgaine eats cake (suavely)”

1. my honest answer responded on 06 Jul 2012 at 8:57 am #

Just a heads up to let you know the link to Morgaine’s blog isn’t working. Love the site!

2. Celynne responded on 06 Jul 2012 at 10:05 am #

Pink is such a great hair colour on you! I used to really suck at making conversation with people until I just started forcing myself to be brave about it, and at some point along the way it started to be fun rather than scary.

3. Melanie responded on 06 Jul 2012 at 11:45 am #

Love your hair, and you look fabulous in just lipstick. You don’t need any other makeup.

As for the bulimia admission, very brave. I’m glad you came out the other side with cake in your hand, and awesome pink hair on your head. :)

4. Delilah responded on 06 Jul 2012 at 12:06 pm #

Of course you live in VT and are moving to OR.

5. Kate responded on 06 Jul 2012 at 12:34 pm #

@my honest answer
    I think I fixed it! Thanks for letting me know!

6. Kate responded on 06 Jul 2012 at 12:41 pm #

@Delilah
    What does that mean? My snarky comment radar is going off, because people think of both of those places as very liberal (even though I think a lot of Oregon isn’t, and there are definitely plenty of rural parts of Vermont that aren’t either). But maybe you’re referring to the gorgeous views :-)

7. Damselbdam responded on 06 Jul 2012 at 3:33 pm #

Morgaine, love the hair, pink and even the orange. Love your style and how you mix/kick it up. I thought the first photo was a stock model shot! Then after a while, I realized the old broad (affectionate term I call myself) needed to take a better look!

Be beautiful wherever you are!

8. Janet T responded on 06 Jul 2012 at 4:02 pm #

we will gladly welcome you and your creative spirit to Oregon!
    (the bottom pic reminds me of Claire Danes when she was younger)

and Kate you are right, most of Portland and most of Eugene are very liberal, a great deal of the rest of the state, not so much. But Oregon is very green and lush and nurturing to the soul.

9. contrary kiwi responded on 07 Jul 2012 at 4:54 am #

Yay Morgaine! I very much like your lipstick too. I wish I could work out how to wear lipstick without it going everywhere or rubbing off and leaving me with a ring around my lips, because I think it looks great.

10. Katrina Blanchalle responded on 07 Jul 2012 at 11:17 am #

Kate, I recently discovered your blog and just love it.
    I have nominated you for an award:

p.s. Morgaine is magificent!

11. surfboard dysphoria « color me brazen responded on 10 Jul 2012 at 10:59 pm #

[...] I got an awesome, awesome plug from Kate at Eat the Damn Cake, one of my favorite blogs. Only fair that I return the favor. Share [...]

12. Cathern responded on 07 Jan 2014 at 4:12 am #

Having read this I believed it was really informative.
    I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put
    this content together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both
    reading and leaving comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!